As we prepare for HHYC 2021, we have decided to request that counselors and campers commit to the following protocol to ensure a successful and safe camp. Please note that we reserve the right to add further protocol as the situation with COVID-19 evolves.
Measures Before Camp
- Negative Covid-19 test presented at check-in for camp dated no earlier than 3 days before camp starts (7/31/2021). The test must be a PCR or antigen test. Not an antibody test. This requirement applies even if you have been vaccinated.
- All counselors will be required to be vaccinated no later than 2 weeks prior to the beginning of camp.
- Prior to camp, 14 consecutive days (beginning 7/20/21) of symptom monitoring, social distancing, avoiding large crowds, and wearing a mask for campers and counselors. We’re hoping everyone has an opportunity to come to camp fully vaccinated (2 weeks since the last required dose); however, we recognize there may be exceptions that prevent everyone from doing so. With these exceptions in mind, we are requesting everyone attending camp to limit exposure by avoiding large crowds within 14 days of camp (7/20/21), practicing physical distancing, and wearing a mask. Upon arriving at camp, the parent will sign a statement that this measure was followed. If the camper/counselor has been fully vaccinated 14 days prior to the start of camp (7/20/21), we will not require the 14 day protocol, but we will require proof of vaccination.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
No person exhibiting any of the above symptoms should come to camp.
Measures At Camp
- The campsite will be sanitized beforehand and will be cleaned each day during camp. Bathrooms will be disinfected with an EPA-registered disinfectent.
- Daily temperature checks and symptom monitoring throughout camp for campers and counselors.
- 2 medical professionals available at all times.
- Covid isolation room is available if the need arises.
- Masks required of any day visitors/volunteers at all times. Parents must wear a mask while dropping off their child to camp, picking up the child from camp, and anytime they are at the campsite.